Woodward Controls for Locomotive Applications
Enhancing the reliability, performance and emissions of locomotive diesels
Based on a half-century of expertise controlling diesel locomotive engines, Woodward offers a wide range of technologies that enhance reliability, performance and emissions.
- For precise speed and load control, Woodward PGE and PG-EV locomotive governors have been proven in locomotive service throughout the world.
- A variety of diesel fuel injection technologies, from simple mechanical injection to the latest in low-emissions, high-pressure common rail systems, provide reliable service.
- Electronic engine controls and rapid control system development tools interface with locomotive control systems to optimize performance and efficiency.
- Actuation and valve technology can precisely control exhaust gas flow, turbocharger boost pressures, air flows, and other processes to improve power output, efficiency, and emissions.
- Aftertreatment control units provide automatic regeneration of particulate filters and dosing control.