High Power Inverter Station
Large photovoltaic power plants with installed peak power of several megawatts have to be connected to medium voltage distribution grids (f. e. 20 kV). Woodward IDS has developed converter stations housed in outdoor prove containers. The equipment in the container includes the converters with their heat exchangers mounted to the outside of the container wall and medium voltage switch gear. The step-up transformer is either integrated in the container as well or is placed next to it. This compact converter station has distinct advantages. It allows for easy adaptation to harsh environment like deserts or high altitudes.
- High protection class
- The equipment is fully installed and tested in the factory.
- Easily transported and placed at the site of the installation.
- Installation work at site is reduced to connect the cables (DC and AC) to the container and commissioning is done quickly because all wiring and cabling within the container was done and tested in the factory already.
Five configurations of High Power Inverter Stations are available:
- Solo Station 500-1: 500KW station with one inverter Solo 500
- Solo Station 750-3: 750KW station with three inverters Solo 250
- Solo Station 1000-4: 1000KW station with four inverters Solo 250
- Solo Station 1000-2: 1000KW station with two inverters Solo 500
- Solo Station 1500-3: 1500KW station with three inverters Solo 500
Others configurations on request