Woodward Control Electronics and Software
Woodward — A Leading Designer and Manufacturer of Control Electronics for Electromechanical, Electro-Hydrostatic, and Hydraulic Actuation
Woodward is the leading manufacturer of control electronics and software for high-reliability systems. Woodward control electronics can be designed around one of our existing platforms or to your custom specifications.
Our capabilities include:
- Software/Hardware qualification following DO-178B/DO-254
- Design to environmental qualifications (e.g. MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-810, DO-160)
- Electronics packaging designed either as an independent system or integral within an actuation system
- Redundant-control architectures for high reliability (Active/Active, Active/Standby)
- Wide power range (10W to 40kW)
- Wide variety of communication interfaces (Analog, Discrete, MIL-STD-1553, ARINC 429, CANbus, RS422/485, others)
Woodward’s products are used in a variety of aerospace applications, including:
In addition to our design capabilities, Woodward also has the capability to manufacture and environmentally qualify our products on-site in our state of the art manufacturing and environmental testing facilities.
Woodward control electronics and software implement architectures based on the Power PC, DSPs (Digital-Signal Processors), and PLDs (Programmable-Logic Devices). Woodward specializes in real-time processing architecture and high-reliability, fault-tolerant control systems. Woodward also designs advanced automated test systems capable of real-time diagnostics and robustness testing.