The Electro-Hydraulic Power Cylinder (EHPC) has been replaced by the VariStroke line of actuators.
The EHPC is designed to use a low-pressure hydraulic oil source (typically turbine lube oil) to provide the linear actuation force to operate steam turbine control valves or valve racks. The EHPC is intended for use on mechanical-drive or generator-driven steam turbines, and incorporates a servo actuator, pilot valve, power cylinder, and feedback device into a single package.
The EHPC’s modular design allows it to be custom configured to the specific application’s force and stroke requirements. Standard bore diameters and strokes are also available. This actuator is applicable in 2 to 12 inch (51 to 305 mm) linear stroke and up to 19 635 lb-force (87 kN) applications.
- Positions turbine steam valve
- Double- or singleacting
- Single integrated unit
- Electronic position feedback
- Relay/pilot valve
- Power cylinder actuator
- Variable stroke and work force
- Operates on wide range of oil supply pressures
- One source for control system components, mechanical and electrical
- Models are available with listings for North American Hazardous Locations
- Dual coil option available