SOS Servlink OPC Server
The Woodward SOS Servlink OPC server ("SOS") provides an OPC interface for Woodward controls. It runs on a Windows PC that accesses data on controls using the Woodward proprietary Servlink protocol through either a serial or Ethernet connection.
Woodward OPC client applications, such as Monitor GAP and Control Assistant connect to SOS by selecting a 'Servlink OPC server' connection.
SOS implements the OPC Data Access 2.0 standard, so other OPC client applications may also function with it. Instructions for using SOS from a non-Woodward client are available in the SOS help.
Disclaimer: Woodward does not guarantee proper functioning with any non-Woodward OPC client. Please consult a Woodward service representative for verification or troubleshooting of SOS use with any particular non-Woodward OPC client.
- 5.02-1: Fixes a 5.02 problem with Control IDs with invalid characters (like '<unidentified>')
- 5.02-1: Synchronizes OPC value writing to work with various HMI MOMNTARY_B implementations
- 5.02-1: Disables and re-enables OPC value groups upon request according to the OPC DA 2.05 specification
- 5.02: RTD Excel interface (software license required)
- 5.02: Can run as a Windows service
- 5.02: Can limit the contents of a session namespace
- 5.02: New serial and .sid libraries to address various issues
- 5.02: Dark window mode option
- 5.02: Mechanism for authenticating or rejecting unexpected SSH communication fingerprints
- 5.01-1: New .NET library required (.NET 4.7.2)
- 5.01: Added capability for a second OPC Server instance (“SOS2”). This may be used to create two configurations with different attributes for the same set of controls (e.g. lightly vs. fully loaded .sid files or different security configurations).
- 5.00-1: Fixes a permissions problem with the folder where cached .sid files are stored
- 5.00-1: Addresses problems with FIPS compliance
- 5.00 SOS is now a 64-bit application
- This gives SOS access to a much larger pool of memory
- SOS is now installed in the "Program Files" folder rather than the "Program Files (x86)" folder. Registry paths for 64-bit SOS are also simpler
- SOS can now only run on PCs which have 64-bit operating systems (most modern Windows PCs are 64-bit). For old 32-bit PCs, SOS 4.15 (Windows Vista, 7, 8) or SOS 4.10 (Windows XP) may be used
- Only one version of SOS may be installed on a PC
- 4.14 Facility for breaking out redundant sessions from a Failover pair. This capability is designed for use with on-line change MicroNet redundant control pairs
- 4.13: Support for curve table values (A_CURVE and CAL_CURVE blocks) in tunable transfer
- 4.13: Improved synchronization of tunable transfers
- 4.12: Fixes a synchronization issue with SOS Failover behavior when both units reboot simultaneously
- 4.11: No longer compatible with Windows XP (use SOS 4.10-1 with Windows XP)
- Syscon-tracking tag may be specified for failover configurations in the port configuration dialog
- Added support for smart string updates. SOS can achieve better string update performance with controls which can provide string hashes to indicate whether or not a string value has changed since the last update. Most Woodward controls with recent GAP programmer versions (6.00+, 1.00+) provide these.
- Windows® Vista, 7, 8, 10, 11
- The .NET 4.7.2 Framework (Click here for the .NET Framework.)
- 1GHz or faster x86 or x64 processor
- 2GB of RAM
- The first step in installing SOS is to download the file from this page. This file is an installation program that will step you through the installation process.
NOTE: If you do not have the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 already installed on your PC, the install will lead you to the Microsoft web site. The download from there is so large that it may fail. If it fails, contact your IT department for help downloading the file
- After downloading this file, run it and follow the instructions on the setup dialogs.
- For troubleshooting OPC and DCOM connection issues, see:
OPC & DCOM Troubleshooting: Quick Start Guide
OPC & DCOM: 5 Things You Need to Know
OPC Training institute
License Part Numbers:
Excel RTD functionality: 8928-5392