The 505HT hydro turbine controller includes specifically designed algorithms and logic to start, stop, control, and protect hydro turbines. Its configurable program allows users to configure it through the HMI or remotely by using the Remote View software. Ethernet and serial communications allow users to easily connect the 505HT into the plant or process control system. All controller inputs, outputs, and statuses can be monitored, and all start/stop or enable/disable commands can be given through industry standard Modbus® * TCP. The 505HT uses SNTP (synchronized network time protocol) over Ethernet to allow users to synchronize the 505’s real-time clock to the plant distributed control system.
The 505 control is packaged in an industrial hardened enclosure designed to be mounted within a system control panel located in a plant control room or next to the turbine. The control’s front panel serves as both a programming station and operator control panel (OCP). This user-friendly front panel allows engineers to access and program the unit to the specific plant’s requirements, and plant operators to easily start/stop the turbine and enable/disable any control mode.
- Integrated graphical operator control panel
- Start / Stop /Unload routines
- Black Start Routine
- Small System detection logic
- Level control (pond or Tail)
- Nozzle Sequencing / Rotation
- Speed / Load / Nozzle Switches
- Integrated first-out problem indicator
- Trip and Alarm Event recorder
- User-friendly menu format
- Real-time trend screens
- Real-time clock synchronization via SNTP
- Ethernet communications