GAP 4.01-4 is the latest Graphical Application Programmer tool for use with versions 3.08, 4.04 and newer of the coder.
What's new in 4.01:
- 4.01-4: Fixes default expected references for interface input points
- 4.01-4: Fixes default font style for comment objects
- 4.01-4: Fixes monitor values continuously refreshing after an OLC state change
- 4.01-4: Fixes license authorization dialog getting clipped
- 4.01-4: Fixes various search issues in FindBlock dialog
- 4.01-3: Fixes slow-opening select references dialog
- 4.01-3: Fixes sharing GAP 3/4 licenses on a USB-stick
- 4.01-2: Fixes 4.01-1 connecting to the GAP API on a 64-bit PC
- 4.01-1: Includes MicroNetTMR 1.01 template
- 4.01-1: Fixes a rategroup bug for CAN_OPEN child blocks in 4.01
- 4.01-1: Reduces excess OPC traffic caused by a new feature of Monitor GAP 4.00,4.01
- 4.01-1: New search options for Item List dialogs like FindBlock:
- 4.01: Fixed an issue which was sometimes changing the baseline value when loading an OLC-ready project
- 4.01: Quick-block filter menu items for inserting and attaching blocks
- 4.01: Fixed serialport selection for ProTech
- 4.01: Various A2L file fixes
- Various other enhancements and bug fixes (see "What's new" in the GAP Editor help)
- Version 4.00 requires new software licenses for Editor and Monitor functionality. Version 4.00 can both read and write GAP3 compatible project files. Version 4.00 finds templates and block helpfiles in GAP4 as well as GAP3 folder paths
- On-line change protection mode ("OLC"). Support for making changes to a MicroNet control without shutting down
- New template files for MicroNet 1.01 and PGX 1.04 and PGX 1.05
- Quick block insert
- New automatic block naming options
- Support for module interface points
- Axiom_RBox510 1.00, Flex500 1.02, MicroNetTMR 1.00, ProTech/MSM 3.0 templates
- Support for ProTech/MSM 3.0 (new math functions)
- Dialog for publishing multiple modules through the a project publish operation
- Flex200 1.00, GAPCoder 5.08, LECM 1.01 and LECM 1.02 templates
- Support for LECM UDS protocol
- Invert input bubble (represents a NOT block)
- Added support for dragging and dropping sheets and modules in the project tree
- Added support for the SL_MASTER block (interface to another GAP application through a Sid file)
- Updated the software license libraries to 188.8.131.52. This library supports all known USB memory stick types and works with software licenses generated by previous installations. The USB stick logic also identifies all found sticks and indicates how well they will function with the current licensing strategy.
- Find Text feature to search for text anywhere in a project
- Support for LECM SharedMemoryRegion interface
- Improved handling of non-supported blocks and fields on template conversions
- Module groups in project tree
- GAP external API with support for a Microsoft Powershell implementation
- Integrated support for building C-Userblocks (C_FUNCTIONS with a friendly interface)
- Dead Code analysis tool incorporated into Completeness check
- A2L file generation for LECM
- External file mode option for GAP projects
- Made userblocks copyable across instances of GAP
- Windows® XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
- The .NET 4.0 Framework (Click here for the .NET Framework.)
- An embedded OPC server on the control or the SOS server connected to a "Classic" servlink implementation on the control
- A GAP Monitor License activated through the License menu of the GAP program
- Microsoft Access 2007
- The first step in installing GAP 3 is to download the file from this page. This file is an installation program that will step you through the installation process. NOTE: If you do not have the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 already installed on your PC, the install will lead you to the Microsoft web site.
- After downloading this file, run it and follow the instructions on the setup dialogs.
- The software can be used for viewing an application. Editing and Monitoring functionality each require a software license which must be purchased from an authorized Woodward representative. Already purchased license serial numbers for GAP2 can also be used to license GAP3.
- Licenses can by applied to a PC's hard disk and/or a USB memory stick (for a movable license). In order to apply a license select 'Authorize Editor License' or 'Authorize Monitor License' from the 'License' menu.
- Access the License Authorization page of this web site where you will be prompted for the serial number of your license and the site code from the step above.
- Enter the License Key from the previous step into the Gap Authorization dialog box and click OK.
License Part Numbers:
GAP Editor Software license part number: 8928-5359
GAP Monitoring Software license part number: 8928-5361