ToolKit is a Windows® desktop program that supports the rapid development and hosting of user-friendly interface tools for Woodward electronic products. Interface tools can be created for many different functions such as service, configuration, commissioning, calibration, testing or operation. These interfaces allow viewing/editing of control values using many different visual components such as text boxes, gauges, bar charts, trend charts, etc.
ToolKit is designed specifically to interface with Woodward products including programmable (GAP™ / MotoHawk) and non-programmable controls. It supports communications via RS-232/-422/-485 serial, CAN, or Ethernet TCP/IP networks.
ToolKit is ideal for Woodward electronic product users that need cost-effective and easy-to-use software interface tools or operator control panels.
- Basic license is included free of charge in the ToolKit download. Depending on the level of security designed in, it allows users the ability to work with existing ToolKit-created tools to configure, calibrate, monitor, and troubleshoot their Woodward-based product.
- Advanced license (part number 8447-5002) includes the following:
- All the features of the Basic license
- Unlimited plots per trend chart and trend on the fly windows
- Unlimited data log view plots
- Unlimited calculated plots
- Export all data logged parameters to a test file even if not charted
- Developer license (part number 8928-5016) includes all the features of the Advanced license as well as the ability to create and edit custom ToolKit tools.
ver. 7.1.1 Release NotesResolved Issues
- Command buttons broken after Find / Replace
- Plot scale limits do not work after a zoom out event.
- ToolKit crashes when entering design mode (PGPlus).
- Cannot change the delay on or off values of a logic manager.
ver. 7.1 Release NotesFeature Highlights
Introducing the Quick Tool
ToolKit allows you to create a tool in run mode to monitor and edit values in a device, view alarms and events and create trend charts. This type of tool is called a Quick Tool. Quick Tools are useful for times when a full custom tool is not necessary such as when debugging an application or monitoring or troubleshooting a device with a unique application. Creating a Quick Tool does not require a developer license, however, the advanced license is required to save Quick Tools to a file and to add more than 3 plots to a trend chart.
This functionality is being added in order to support Turbine users that have traditionally used Control Assistant but can be used in other markets as ToolKit supports a broad spectrum of Woodward devices.
A Quick Tool can have several pages like a custom tool and pages can be named and ordered as desired. The components available are limited to the following parameter types.
- Primitive data types like Integers, floats, Booleans, Strings and arrays will be displayed in a spreadsheet-like grid component.
- 2D Lookup Table w/chart
- 3D Lookup Table w/chart
- Event Status
- Logic Manager
- Trend Chart
In order to build a Quick Tool, you must be connected to a device. No offline tool building. Once a Quick Tool is built and saved, it can be re-opened and used after being connected to a device.
The Quick Tool grid component has the following capabilities:
- Changing parameter names to a user friendly name
- Displaying parameter help (from the SID)
See the ToolKit Quick Tool topic in the Help for more details.
Watch the Using ToolKit Quick Tools video for more information.
Quick Tool 2D Lookup Table Chart
2D lookup tables added to a Quick Tool include an XY chart. Output table values can be changed directly in the chart by using the mouse or keyboard. Values changed in the lookup table are immediately shown on the chart.
Quick Tool 3D Lookup Table Chart
3D lookup tables added to a Quick Tool include a 3D surface chart. The chart position and size can be manipulated with the mouse or the keyboard. Values changed in the lookup table are immediately shown on the chart.
Quick Tool Dark Mode
Components in Quick Tools are shown in the the theme specified in the Tools/Options dialog including dark mode.
Support for future RSA and DSS fingerprints in cyber secure controls
ToolKit will support any custom RSA and DSS fingerprint used by the device by prompting the user for confirmation. Previously we had the single fingerprint hard coded in ToolKit. Now customers can use their own fingerprints. ToolKit will store the fingerprint for future use so the customer is not prompted each time they connect.
Multiple Instances of ToolKit in the Diagnostic Log
Multiple instances of ToolKit can now write to the diagnostics log. This will eliminate the warning dialog that pops up when multiple secondary instances are launched. Also, all instances of ToolKit will log information or errors. Each entry in the diagnostic log will include the process ID for identification.
- Mouse cursor stays in busy state after opening and closing many tools
- Not able to connect to NextGenControls CPU Module using Toolkit
- PGPlus tool fails Tool schema 7 validation on export
- ToolKit ribbon menu button actions can take a long time to execute if ToolKit is left connected to a device for a long time
- Trend chart time span and storage type properties don't not change in the design tools if changed from the smart tag in design mode
- Issue with association sid file for in offline mode
- Microsoft Windows® 11, 10, 8.1, 7, Vista (32- & 64-bit)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2
- 1GHz or faster x86 or x64 processor
- 1GB of RAM
- Minimum 1024 by 768 pixel screen resolution
- Appropriate communication hardware (e.g. Serial Port, CAN adapter, Ethernet)
- IXXAT or Kvaser CAN adapter and driver as appropriate
ToolKit requires that the Microsoft .NET Framework be installed. The ToolKit installation will attempt to install the .NET Framework from the Internet; but you can also obtain the .NET Framework Redistributable package from the link below.
Click here for the .NET Framework Redistributable Package.
- The first step in installing ToolKit is to download the file from this page. This file is an installation program that will step you through the installation process.
- After downloading this file, run it and follow the instructions on the setup dialogs.
To verify the integrity of the downloaded file, use one of the hashing algorithms to compare against the hashes below.
MD5 Hash: 2876FFA9BF0FAB5464F99F306D0C9C89
SHA1 Hash: 6A5AAC252377F1ECC9565A58283FE3BD41751A24
Watch the Setting up ToolKit video for more information.