Support for Engine Control Products
Technical and other aftersales support services for your Woodward on-engine control products
Woodward's global network of independant Business Partners and our engine manufacturer and engine packager customers provide an extensive range of technical and other aftersales support services for your Woodward on-engine control products.
If you are experiencing problems with the installation or performance of a Woodward product controlling a diesel or gas engine, the following options are available:
- Consult the troubleshooting guide in the manual. Publications are available on-line here.
- Contact the manufacturer or packager of your system.
- Contact the Woodward Business Partner serving your area. The list of business partners is available here.
- Contact Woodward technical assistance via email. In your email, please include your contact information, the location where you need technical assistance, the Woodward product name, item number and serial number, and a brief description of your problem. Woodward's Engine Systems group will forward your inquiry to the appropriate support organization to contact you.
OEM and Packager Support: Most Woodward on-engine controls and control devices are installed into the equipment system and programmed by an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or Equipment Packager at their factory. In many cases, the programming is password-protected by the OEM or packager, and they are the best source for product service and support.
Warranty service for Woodward products shipped with an engine or equipment system should also be handled through the OEM or Packager. Please review your equipment system documentation for details.
Woodward Business Partner Support: Woodward works with and supports a global network of independent Business Partners whose mission is to serve the users of Woodward controls, as described here:
- A Full Service Distributor has the primary responsibility for sales, service, system integration solutions, technical desk support, and aftermarket marketing of standard Woodward products within a specific geographic area and market segment.
- An Authorized Independent Service Facility (AISF) provides authorized service that includes repairs, repair parts, and warranty service on Woodward's behalf. Service (not new unit sales) is an AISF's primary mission.
- A Recognized Engine Retrofitter (RER) is an independent company that retrofits and upgrades reciprocating gas and diesel engines, and can provide the full line of Woodward systems and components for retrofits and overhauls, emission compliance upgrades, long term service contracts, emergency repairs, etc.
A current list of Woodward Business Partners is available at www.woodward.com/Directory.aspx.
Product Servicing Options
The following options for servicing Woodward products are available through your local Full-Service Distributor or the OEM or Packager of the equipment system:
- Replacement/Exchange (24-hour service)
- Flat Rate Repair
- Flat Rate Remanufacture
Replacement/Exchange: Replacement/Exchange is a premium program designed for the user who is in need of immediate service. It allows you to request and receive a like-new replacement unit in minimum time (usually within 24 hours of the request), providing a suitable unit is available at the time of the request, thereby minimizing costly downtime. This is a flat-rate program.
This option allows you to call your Full-Service Distributor in the event of an unexpected outage, or in advance of a scheduled outage, to request a replacement control unit. If the unit is available at the time of the call, it can usually be shipped out within 24 hours. You replace your field control unit with the like-new replacement and return the field unit to the Full-Service Distributor. Charges for the Replacement/Exchange service are based on a flat rate plus shipping expenses. You are invoiced the flat rate replacement/exchange charge plus a core charge at the time the replacement unit is shipped. If the core (field unit) is returned within 60 days, a credit for the core charge will be issued.
Flat Rate Repair: Flat Rate Repair is available for the majority of standard mechanical products in the field. This program offers you repair service for your products with the advantage of knowing in advance what the cost will be.
Flat Rate Remanufacture: Flat Rate Remanufacture is very similar to the Flat Rate Repair option with the exception that the unit will be returned to you in “like-new” condition. This option is applicable to mechanical products only.
Engineering Services for On-Engine Control Products
Full-Service Distributors offer various engineering services for Woodward products.
- Technical Support
- Product Training
- Field Service
Technical Support is available from your engine/equipment system supplier or your local Full- Service Distributor depending upon the product and application.
Product Training is available as standard classes at many of our Full-Service Distributor locations. Customized classes are also available, which can be tailored to your needs. This training, conducted by experienced personnel, will assure that you will be able to maintain system reliability and availability. More about Product Training.
Field Service engineering on-site support is available, depending on the product and location, from one of our Full-Service Distributors. The field engineers are experienced both on Woodward products as well as on much of the non-Woodward equipment with which our products interface.