The 5009-to-5009FT Upgrade Program is available to all owners of Woodward 5009 fault-tolerant control hardware. The program provides you with a clean and quick way to upgrade your existing 5009 system to a state-of-the-art Woodward 5009FT steam turbine control.
Customer access to this upgrade is via Woodward’s RTR (Recognized Turbine Retrofitter) network.
The upgrade involves the replacement of certain 5009 modules with modern versions that perform the same control functions with improved
- New CPUs and new Kernel Power Supplies—Existing 5009 CPUs, while still supported, are no longer sold as new
- Ethernet Communications Capabilities—Simplex or redundant configurations are included—your choice
- Converts ALL serial ports into fully-isolated ports
- New functions that can be configured into your application
- Inlet and Speed Decoupling—Useful in compressor applications
- SNTP Time Synchronization—Synchronizes control log files to plant DCS
- Extends the useful life of your 5009 by many years—no need to retrofit your control system!
Key Benefits for the Plant:
- Low risk
- Uses existing I/O modules and control chasses
- No field wiring changes required
- Uses the same application program settings as before
- Easy to upgrade—Module change-out and machine restart estimated at 3 to 5 hours
- Easy to Support—Included engineering workstation allows I&E techs to monitor system and securely make changes