The EGS-01 is a gas-engine control module that can be used to control the gas flow in relation to airflow, at any engine load and speed condition. It can be applied to in-line and V-engines of any power output, naturally aspirated or turbocharged. The control is easily programmable by PC and it covers the wide range of gas qualities from landfill gas through to propane. Even a significant change in gas quality during normal operation of the engine is compensated by the control.
This version supports systems using Tecject50+, Tecject110, and Tecjet52.
- Pentium® 133 MHz PC
- 32 MB of RAM
- DOS 6.22, Windows® 95
- IMPORTANT: Before installing EGS application version 3.02 make sure the existing EGS parameter settings have been saved to disk using EGSMON version 3.00 or 3.01.
- The first step in installing the EGS-01 PC tool and application is to download the zip file from this page. This zip file contains a DOS installation program (EGS.exe) and a batch file (Install.bat).
- After downloading this file, extract the contents to the root directory of a floppy disk with FAT formatting. A PC with any operating system that is FAT compatable can be used for floppy disk creation.
- Insert the floppy disk into a PC with DOS, or Windows 95 running in DOS mode. Then from drive 'A:' execute Install.bat.
- From directory C:\EGS\EGS_302\, execute EGSMON.exe and when prompted, provide an user name of "SUPERVISOR". After connecting to the EGS control a dialog window will appear prompting for an application update.
- When the application update is complete, cycle power to the control and restart the EGSMON program. The previously saved parameter setting file can now be loaded into the control.