Woodward AE ActiveX is a component that displays alarms and events from a Woodward SOS server with AE capability (version 3.0 or newer).
It can be applied in any ActiveX container, such as Excel, iFix or LabView.
- Sorting and searching of alarms and events
- Alarm display colors based on severity
- Built-in watchdog for monitoring communications integrity
- v1.1: Added design-time options to suppress acknowledge- and reset-events
- v1.1: Fixed crash in iFix container upon closing screen with component
Some containers store cached information about ActiveX component interfaces in *.exd files in (a sub-folder of) the user temp folder:
- WinXP: 'C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Temp\'
- Win7: 'C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\'
For the Woodward AE component the cache files are named 'WoodwardAELib.exd'.
Microsoft Excel 2013 stores the cache in sub-folder 'Excel8.0'.
It may be neccesary to manually delete these files when a component is upgraded.
Also see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/158875/EN-US/
- Windows® XP, Vista, 7
- The first step in installing is to download the file from this page. This file is an installation program that will step you through the installation process.
- After downloading this file, run it and follow the instructions on the setup dialogs.