Woodward's DSLC-2XT™ is a microprocessor-based synchronizer and load control designed for use on three-phase AC generators. The DSLC-2XT combines synchronizer, load sensor, load control, dead bus closing system, VAR, power factor and process control, all in one powerful package.
Applications allow up to 32 generators to be precisely paralleled and controlled. Two dedicated Ethernet systems provide hot-swap redundant communications between DSLC-2XT and MSLC-2XT units. A third Ethernet port is provided for customer remote control and monitoring capability using Modbus TCP allowing easy DCS and PLC interfacing. Modbus RTU is available through a separate RS-485 port.
DSLC-2XT is a 3rd generation control built on field proven legacy of the original DSLC and 2nd generation DSLC-2. The DSLC-2XT excels in either simple generator or complex generator system applications. The DSLC-2XT/MSLC-2XT combination provides multiple unit, segment, utility, and intertie breaker control for complex power systems.
- Dedicated Ethernet network for precise system communications between all DSLC-2XT’s and MSLC-2XT’s reduces system wiring.
- Ethernet Modbus TCP, and Modbus RTU, for remote control and monitoring.
- Redundant Ethernet communication for enhanced reliability.
- The “system update” feature allows for removing or adding generator sets.
- Integrated DSLC-2XT and MSLC-2XT system functionality eliminates the need for redundant sensors (like PTs, CTs, and MOPs) that connect to individual modules such as the load sensors and synchronizers.
- Back panel mounting and a reduced size frees up door space and provides easy wiring.
- Eliminates the need for additional relay logic to control dead bus closing.
- Slip frequency paralleling, voltage matching, and speed bias transfer between the synchronizer and load control result in smooth paralleling without the risk of reverse power trips.
- Three-phase true RMS power sensing makes the DSLC-2XT control accurate even with unbalanced phase loading and voltage fluctuations.
- Phase angle correction for GCB when a transformer is included in the system.
- The Woodward ToolKit™ software allows flexible setup using the same basic menu tree as the original DSLC-2 plus an overview screen. Graphical overview of generator and bus bar parameters with trending makes the DSLC-2XT commissioning friendly. All the Woodward devices can be programmed from a single connection to the network.
- The ToolKit can be accessed either via one of the Ethernet ports or via USB port.
- Woodward offers update files should legacy DSLC-2 be mixed with the new DSLC-2XT