The corrosion resistant Model 512 Electrically Power Governor (EPG) actuator is designed for precise isochronous speed control of diesel engines. Woodward actuators operate at the highest level of efficiency, reliability and responsiveness with maximum work capacity over the full governor travel.
EPG actuators are part of a complete control system consisting of three-components including:
- Electronic speed control (ordered separately)
- Electric Actuator
- Magnetic pickup (ordered separately)
- Full governor travel of 30° at 0.7 J (0.5 ft-lb) including settings for:
- Over travel to ensure prime mover stops are reached
- No-load to full load travel—normally 2/3 of full governor travel is recommended
- Travel required to accelerate the prime mover
- Travel required to decelerate or shut down prime mover
- Output shaft of 0.375"-36 SAE serrated on each end
- Ambient temperature range: –40 to +93 °C (–40 to +200 °F)
- 12 Volt Supply
- 10 Vdc minimum to 16 Vdc maximum
- 60 W maximum power consumption
- Battery charger must be capable of at least 7 A when the governor is energized.