Redundant Genset Control Panel for Mission-Critical Applications
Woodward’s dual modular Redundant Genset Control Panel (RGCP) provides an additional layer of power system reliability in mission-critical applications such as data centers, hospitals, or critical industrial processes where the cost of an outage greatly exceeds the installed cost of a redundant control system.
Based on the popular easYgen-3400 series genset control, the RGCP includes all the features, functionality and proven quality of the industry-leading easYgen-3000 series paralleling genset controls.
The RGCP-3400 is delivered as a fully-wired, factory tested, turnkey assembly that easily interfaces with a PLC-based SCADA system. The space-conscious design greatly simplifies switchgear construction and provides peace of mind in critical applications, where even a momentary loss of the onsite power system may result in substantial monetary loss, risk to life, or security hazards.
- Fully wired, compact turnkey assembly with outside terminal blocks for wiring like a single easYgen-3400
- Unique bias tracking firmware, for bump less transfer to the backup controller even while the generator is fully loaded and paralleled with other generators
- CT shorting blocks for “hot-swap” of a controller without having to stop the generator
- Automatic detection of primary/standby controller status and loss of redundancy. Local annunciation through LEDs and remote indication through potential free contacts
- Parameter alignment monitoring between primary and standby controller and mismatch alarm
- Available load share communication line redundancy with fiber optic ring
- Up to 2 remote panels (RP-3000) realizable for genset control and visualization
- Manual switchover capability for commissioning, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Full connectivity of up to 32 generators and 16 LS-5 circuit breaker control devices in one application
- Operation modes: Auto, Stop, Manual, and Load/No Load test modes via RP-3000 or discrete inputs
- Breaker control: Slip frequency / phase matching synchronization, open-close control, breaker monitoring
- Load transfer features: open / closed transition, interchange, soft loading / soft unloading, mains parallel
- Remote control via interface and discrete/analog inputs for adjusting speed, frequency, voltage, power, reactive power, and power factor set points
- Multi-lingual capability: English as well as Chinese, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish
- Ease of application
- Connections are the same as to a single easYgen
- No special programming − identical settings for each device
- Prewired, factory tested, turnkey assembly
- Simple installation commissioning
- Periodic parameter alignment and mismatch alarm
- Bump less control switching, even while under load
- Hot-swap controller exchange without stopping the genset
- Redundant fiber optic load sharing/communications available
- Provision for redundant power supplies and HMIs
- Most often used in mission-critical applications where even a momentary loss of the onsite power system may result in substantial monetary loss, risk to life, or security hazards.
- Data centers
- Correctional facilities
- Critical industrial processes
- Marine DP2 and DP3 vessels